Black and Decker's Thermal Leak Detector helps reduce energy costs by finding energy leaks in your home. You'll instantly identify problem areas around drafty windows and doors, and uncover hidden leaks and insulation soft spots around electrical outlets,
Heating and Cooling accounts for 50+% of your energy usage, but the average house has enough leaks and drafts to equal a 1-sq foot hole.
The HeatSeeker is an infrared sensor that finds these leaks along walls, molding, ductwork and more.
Auto Color Change provides quick, intuitive feedback, showing users where to caulk, insulate, etc.
- Easily spot hidden energy leaks in your home
- Shine the light on the wall and set the reference temperature
- Move the light around your house. When the temp changes by 1, 5 or 10 degrees F (user adjustable), the light will change to red or blue to indicate a hot or cold spot
- Energy Star states that plugging the leaks and drafts in your home can save up to 20% off your heating and cooling energy costs
- Comes with bonus booklet showing easy ways to seal and insulate your home
- Displays surface temperature (of a wall, window, etc) on LCD screen in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Thermal Leak Detector - TLD100
- Bonus Tip Guide